Life Through A Lens

Apologies in advance, this post is all kinds of cheese……….

One of the things that inspired me to continue with my blog was photography.

One day I’d stumbled across some blogs that rekindled my interest in photography.  In my school days it was something that had always interested me but I never pursued and to be honest I’d always regretted it.

Becoming thirty was a turning point in my life.  You suddenly realise you are officially a grown up and I started to look at my life almost through a different lens.

I thought about all the things I’d achieved over the years but also some of the opportunities I’d missed out on.

Everyone has regrets or wondered if they’d made the right choices but I’m a great believer that things happen for a reason.  So instead of dwelling or wondering ‘what if’, I enrolled myself on a short photography course.

And you know what?  I loved it.  So much so that I bought myself a second hand DSLR and could quite easily loose a whole day taking photos.  But what I really appreciate about photography is how you look at the world differently.

Here are a few of my most recent favourite shots.  Now don’t get me wrong. I’m not suddenly proclaiming to be the next female David Bailey.  I just wanted to give you an insight as to how things can look differently when approached from another angle.

I love how photography has opened my eyes to what sometimes seems like another world.

Just because you missed out on an opportunity in the past doesn’t mean that opportunity wont come around again, sometimes it’s already there for the taking you just need a bit of courage to grab it.

Do you like photography?  Can you recommend any good photography blogs?  Or have you recently taken up a new hobby?  Let me know.  I’d love to hear about it.

16 thoughts on “Life Through A Lens

1. Kaz says:

I've only got into photography relatively recently, wish I'd got into it sooner as its such a brilliant hobby, plus I'd have had so many pictures of nice places and days out that have gone unrecorded because I didn't take pictures!
    Kaz x

2. Rich says:

I'm just the same! I've always been interested in photography, but only just got myself a camera (a 21st birthday present!). I know what you mean about seeing stuff differently when you've got a camera!
    PS: As a fellow Leek-ite, where the heck is that seat on the second row of photos? It looks so familiar!

3. Kaisa says:

I have been into photography for many years, but I have never studied it or attended any courses. And I have had my low periods. However, this year I decided to approach my love for photography in a more organized way and started blogging about it. So my blog is kind of a photography blog: http://reindeertrails.blogspot.com/

As for inspiration I would recommend Petapixel (http://www.petapixel.com/) – if there's anything cool going on in the photography world they will for sure blog about it.

xx Kaisa

4. Emsipop says:

Well these photographs are great so I say go for it and enjoy it! My photography is shocking I wish I could muster more energy and money to get good at it. xx

5. Vic says:

I love how you've done this – its awesome! I honestly don't know where I'd be without photography, its such a HUGE part of my life and it really does teach you to see the world differently!

6. hannah says:

Well done you for finding the courage to enroll on a course 🙂 your photographs are lovely – I love how you've shown two perspectives of the same subject next to each other – it's really effective 🙂 xx

7. A Girl I Know says:

Popped over to your blog. It's lovely and you're right blogging is a great way to display photography in a more organized way. Also it gets you thinking more. Thanks for the recommendation 🙂